Hingemate Door Hinge Security Pins / Screws / Stud, 3-Pack Kit
Hingemate's™ Have been protecting doors since 1989. Invented and Manufactured in the USA
IF YOUR DOORS SWING OUTWARD THIEVES KNOW THEY CAN REMOVE THE HINGE PINS IN SECONDS TO GAIN ENTRY!
Hingemate™ Security pins are easily installed with basic tools on both wood and steel doors.
Remove one hinge screw from each of the three hinges on the frame side of the door and install one Hingemate™ Security Pin in it's place, bore out he opposing screw hole after removing the screw for a simple installation. When a thief removes the hinge pins from the outside, the Hingemate Security Pins stay deeply engaged into the opposing hinge leaf and door frame. Doors can be pried but the Hingemate™ Security Pins unique hardened design will keep thieves from entering the home or business without making a great deal of noise, noise is their number one concern!
- Great for residential entry french doors or other outswing doors.
- Each Hingemate™ kit includes 3 Hingemate™ pins and installation instructions.
- Hingemate™ uses two different threads a 12-24 machine thread for steel doors & 10-16 Type AB wood thread
for wood doors.
- Hingemate™ pins are Hardened Zinc plated steel "STRONGER THAN STAINLESS STEEL"
- Install with a # 2 Phillips head for easy driving by hand or power driver.
- NOTE: Not all door hinges are exact in construction. Installation on some doors may require the mating hole to be
a little larger to accommodate the swing of the door.
Great product. Performs as described. I am ordering a second set.
Perhaps glue/stick a thumb tack on the stud part. When you close the door, the tack will be exactly on the receiving side that you need to drill out.
Leaves a huge whole in the door or jamb once it is taken out....
Saw some reviews that there were some problems with the install of this product. I screwed in the security pin, after predrilling the hole to fit the threaded pin, in the existing hinge and made a 3/8 hole in the opposite hinge (corresponding hole) and it worked fine. Had to make the hole slightly larger on one of the hinges due to a little rub when closing the door. Took 15 minutes to install.
Better then expected! Thanks.
We Also Recommend
Tower MFG 30440003 Auto-Reset 15 AMP Grounded 3-Prong GFCI 5-Outlet Adapter